JTerm is a desktop with major Linux shell commands implemented in Java. It is available for any
platform where Java can be used. Running the JTerm program on Windows will give you Linux-like work environment.
The program is fully integrated with Java and BeanShell.
- Most common Linux/Unix commands supported (cp, ls, pwd, wget, find, grep, ..)
- Unlimited number of terminals.
- Editors for programmers with syntax highlighting
- SSH terminal to login to other computers
- Full integration with Java and BeanShell
- Run any Java jar file by typing the file name. Portable application.
How to run JTerm
Download the JTerm from the download link
Them unzip the jterm-[version].zip.
Run the application as "java -jar jterm.jar".
More conveniently, run the script "jterm.sh" (for Linux/Mac/Unix) or jterm.bat (Linux)
The downloaded JTerm application is a demo version.
It has several limitations such as: one console per desktop, no SSH terminal, restriction on running
jar files etc.
To activate the full version, register using the Membership
link and send your donations.
Then you can activate the demo version selecting [Menu]-[Activate] and entering your user name exactly as you requested during the
The license for this product is here