SCaVis is based on many reused JAVA classes that have been rewritten and adopted such that they can fit to the SCaVis concept of the Java scripting, rather than their original GUI or macro driven concept. Usually, this means that all packages were refactored and are complemented with their own high-level classes to be called from Jython (or BeanShell).
All packages listened below are subject to their licenses. The vast majority of the included packages are GNU-licensed or have very permissive open-source licenses.
The SCaVis is a collective work of many people dedicated to open-source scientific software. The author is grateful to many authors writing free scientific software for their dedication to science and open-source analysis tools.
Many projects from the list given below are not supported any longer by the original authors, but they were very useful at the time when SCaVis was under a heavy development. Currently, such unsupported by the original authors Java packages are supported within the SCaVis project.
- Modified FreeHep Java libraries;
- jEdit TextArea components (from the jEdit 2003 version, written by Slava Pestov;
- Some classes from the jMySpell project: by DreamTagnerine
- Java classes from early versions of JabRef;
- Java classes for color syntax highlighting taken from the Jext editor;
- LatexTools Beanshell macro developed for jEdit (this is still a test version);
- The Debuxter package;
- Java classes from the JyConsole project by Artenum
- Java classes jpEdit project
- Several classes from the jPlot project by Jan van der Lee.
- Surface Plotter package written by Yanto Suryono.
- a rewrite of the Browser3d package (I could not identify its developers);
- significantly modified JaxoDraw package
- Jakart Common Math library
- T.~Flanagan's Java Library
- the JMinHEP package for data clustering (one of my old unsupported packages)
- the core engine of JOONE package
- classes from the Encog neural net package.
- the ObjectBrowser project by J.~Hrivnac
- includes the GlobalDocs program
- the Colt package
- refactored classes from the PTPlot 5.6
- several classes from jMathTools package
- look and feel based upon Liquidlnf and JGoodies and therefore subject to their license;
- the Protocol Buffers library by Google
- VLJTable table class by VLsolutions (open source)
- Sympy,a Python library for symbolic mathematics
- several icons are from Gnome and Eclipse and therefore subject to their licenses;
- 3D-XplorMath project by the 3D-XplorMath Consortium
- Jasymca by Helmut Dersch (since v2.3)
- Lapack Linear Algebra PACKage (Java-based)
- FunctionPlotter a program for function view
- JLatexMath to show LaTeX equations
- CarMetal/Zuirkel Geometry package adopted for scripting
- Numerics4j (refactored)
- SQLjet (since v2.7)
- NeoDatis database support
- DragMath LaTeX equation program
- Mediator - Java symbolic computing library (since v3.2)
- ParallelColt by Piotr Wendykier (since v2.7)
- JZY3d - scientific 3D plotting
- Exp4j - function parse
- EJML - package for linear algebra
- JGAP generic programming package
- JStatCOMM and JMulTi Java packages (by M.Kratzig) for data format conversions and financial computations
- JConvert for unit conversions
We apologies in advance if some reference is missing; In this case, please contact me at scavis(AT)jwork.org
— Sergei Chekanov 2010/03/07 21:18