public interface Blas
Subset of the BLAS (Basic Linear Algebra System); High quality "building block" routines for performing basic vector and matrix operations. Because the BLAS are efficient, portable, and widely available, they're commonly used in the developmentof high quality linear algebra software.
Mostly for compatibility with legacy notations. Most operations actually just delegate to the appropriate methods directly defined on matrices and vectors.
This class implements the BLAS functions for operations on matrices from the matrix package. It follows the spirit of the Draft Proposal for Java BLAS Interface, by Roldan Pozo of the National Institute of Standards and Technology. Interface definitions are also identical to the Ninja interface. Because the matrix package supports sections, the interface is actually simpler.
Currently, the following operations are supported:
- BLAS Level 1: Vector-Vector operations
- ddot : dot product of two vectors
- daxpy : scalar times a vector plus a vector
- drotg : construct a Givens plane rotation
- drot : apply a plane rotation
- dcopy : copy vector X into vector Y
- dswap : interchange vectors X and Y
- dnrm2 : Euclidean norm of a vector
- dasum : sum of absolute values of vector components
- dscal : scale a vector by a scalar
- idamax: index of element with maximum absolute value
- 2.BLAS Level 2: Matrix-Vector operations
- dgemv : matrix-vector multiply with general matrix
- dger : rank-1 update on general matrix
- dsymv : matrix-vector multiply with symmetric matrix
- dtrmv : matrix-vector multiply with triangular matrix
- 3.BLAS Level 3: Matrix-Matrix operations
- dgemm : matrix-matrix multiply with general matrices