Getting started tutorial (3 min movie)
This tutorial discusses the community "desktop" IDE. In addition, DMelt includes IDE with plotting canvases and Jython shell for small-screen devices. This video shows how to use it. Here is another example showing an interactive fit program .
New features included in the jHepWork release 2.2 and above are described in the book Scientific Data Analysis using Jython Scripting and Java. At present, this is the most complete, up-to-date textbook describing Jython scripting and SCaVis.
There is also a growing DMelt online manual. Also look at the tutorial: Data Analysis and Data Mining Using Java, Jython and SCaVis (Java.net, Oracle, 2011). You may also look at Help API which organizes the topics in form of tree.
Movies with tutorials
Windows users may need to download MPEG4 codecs.
- DMelt 1.2 on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8Z0cDNeRgQ
- Working with DataMelt examples (OGV file, 15Mb), or look at YouTube DMelt clip
- Working with Jython prompt (MPEG4 file, 15Mb)
- DataMelt graphics (MPEG4 file, 50Mb)
- Reading ROOT histograms and plotting them on different pads (MPEG4, 9Mb)
- Reading AIDA files (MPEG4 file, 7Mb)
- Making java jar library (MPEG4 file, 9Mb)
- Data analysis (MPEG4 file, 50Mb)
- Jython HPlot objects (MPEG4 file, 6Mb)